Operating system error 5(Access is denied.). BACKUP DATABASE is terminating abnormally.

Jul 8, 2013 at 6:19 PM
I still for the life of me cannot get this resolved. I have added nearly every user on the SP Farm to the Network Share.... Any help?
Coordinator
Jul 8, 2013 at 7:23 PM
Hi,

Have you read the document?

Operating system error code 5 (Access denied)

This error is related to the previous error and this time the problem is permission related. As previously stated a content database backup is delegated to SQL Server and it means that SQL Server (i.e. account running SQL Server service) needs to have the write/modify permission on the folder specified in Directory parameter. So check the folder permission and update it if needed.

If you want we can set up a join.me session?

Darren
Jul 8, 2013 at 7:38 PM
I did. I added the farm admin, the SQL Service account and even tried SYSTEM and NETWORK users with read/write to the shared folder. I just created a folder on the SQL server and ran it to there. worked like a charm, but would like to have it going to the share.
Coordinator
Jul 8, 2013 at 7:50 PM
Want to do a join.me session?

http://join.me
Jul 8, 2013 at 8:37 PM
Thanks, but I think I got it. BTW< every day it does a diff, does it create a double of the existing site, or does it just grab the changes? I would think after 7 days of running, it it just rewrites the .bak with just a date stamp difference, the folder size will grow quite large. What are your suggestions for this?